Monday, January 2, 2012

In Lethem... again.... deh plane... almost

You would think that I'd know better by now.  Last time I got on a bus for 15 hours and didn't ask if they had a toilet.  Soon to find out that the rough road doesn't allow for a toilet on the bus.  Small panic but I found those camping memories really quick and all went well.

But, a bus and a 12 seater plane .... different story.  And, what was I thinking?  I had to drink two bottles of water for health!!  I arrived at Ogle airport and finished the water without thinking.  Then slowly it dawned on me as I watched these lill lill planes pull up.  The man said the ride would be one and a half hours.  I thought ..  okay that's not long.  Not long if you didn't have so much water, but long long long if you have lots of water and a short bladder.

About 45 minutes into the flight I felt a little pressure.  Well, you have to know that I have fear of wetting my pants and now that I'm over the age.... down down... this is a possibility.  I could no longer read because ALL that was on my mind was .... Okay, if push come to shove, will I reach over to the pilot .. tap him lightly .. and say... how do you handle this emergency?  I tried to freeze the idea of "wee wee" and stare out the window... but at what?  The clouds?

Instead I tapped the pilot to ask about the many islands on the river.  He told me there were many more than 360 and I listened figuring that those were all minutes.  Then I asked him how much time to go .... 40 minutes.  I listened to the body and prayed and also all the nightmare possibilities crossed my mind.

If I wet deh pants all dem Guyanese people gon hear how dis woman come pun deh plane and couldn't hold sheself and wet up all deh place.  Nightmare! or

Dis woman com pun deh plane and all ai see is she go at deh back wit deh vomit bag and next ting yuh kno' sche peein' in deh bag.  Nightmare!  I did think of this.

All the time counting down ... okay another 25 minutes.  I might make it. 

Oh laud, ai wonder if deh got a toilet when we arrive.  After all is a holiday an' deh ain't gotta airport and  I could be bursin' to use the toilet an' have to stand right there in front of everybody and wet deh groundNightmare! Nightmare!

When deh aircraft touchdown... I was happy.  It wasn't yet an emergency.  The nightmares are in control and waiting for the next time ai do somethin' suh stupid.  Going back I am not drinking anything for a whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment