Monday, January 2, 2012

In Lethem .. change of pace... change of scenery.... change

It's funny, but with every change I feel this little disturbing fear at the bottom of my tummy; it's mixed into the excitement.  I think some of it has to do with a little panic somewhere in the back of my mind about things going wrong. 

I think it has to do with this nagging question about the land.  Will I get the land? 

Someone just asked me about blogging.  I guess I have to admit that I am somewhat addicted to blogging now.  Since I complain about my students and FaceBook, I'll have to admit this to them and acknowledge that I can understand their addiction too.

For me I find that it is like a diary.  I can keep certain notes and images and use them later.  The idea started when a Guyanese friend said he wanted to "see" Guyana and he couldn't make the trip.  He suggested blogging.  Now, I've used blogging in the city college class and the students find it motivating.

Blogging allows the writer to pay more attention to structure and editing.  It also allows for the freedom of writing in various creoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment