Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a beautiful morning in Guyana


As I passed the Promenade Gardens my nose was filled with a very familiar smell of sweetness.  I wanted to follow my nose because the smell of flowers soothes.  It is easy to understand why perfumes and certain oils are said to have stimulating effects on the senses.  Something about the smell this morning added to a mood of peace.  I think it has something to do with the continuity or maybe it has something to do with the fact that there are some things that never change.  Things bounce back after rainstorms.



 
There is a hint of rain to come, but I like that about being here.  The sun is out and then there is a rain shower just to cool us down.

Last night I wasn't sure about sleeping.  I felt this insecurity somewhere inside.  But, here I am and it's almost 8 a.m. and I just woke up to a stream of sunlight like no other.  For those of you who experience different places you understand that the weather itself can bring a feeling of freedom and lightness.  Of course, the knowledge of my trip to Lethem today is adding to the mood today.

No comments:

Post a Comment